Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Tuesday, May 18

security issues

Security at LAX was interesting. First, traveling with a seven year old does not qualify you for the family lane or priority seating on the plane. The kids have to be under 5. So here I was trying to juggle our shoes, backpacks, coats, computer and carryons in order to get them in the bins for the scanners. The TSA agent looked at Robby and wanted to know what the whole hat/cup thing was....forget how he worded it. I said Robby had surgery the week before. The TSA said he would have to undergo further screening. He sent Robby to this, for lack of a better term, holding cell. Rob had to stand there all by himself while I gathered up all our stuff. Of course, I hadn't put the computer in its own bin so that and everything it was with had to be separated and run through again. They then used a hand wand on Robby and I lifted the cup up so they could see where the surgery was. When I did that, the blue covering over the ear lifted as well, so the TSA guy got a look at the 'Frankenstein' ear. I don't think he was thrilled with that, but it serves him right for making a kid wait like that. I know he was doing his job, but Robby didn't understand what was happening and I think he was a little worried.

No comments: