Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Wednesday, May 5

odds and ends

Robby thinks we have a fancy rental car because the windows opperate with a hand crank instead of automatically. : )

I know that LA is surrounded by hills, but still for some reason it surprises me evertime that I see them. Right now I am overlooking the Hollywood Hills, not sure where the sign is, I havent seen it yet. I can also see the Melrose area from the surgery center.

I am easily amused. Yesturday while driving I saw a California Highway Patrol officer on a motercyle. I laughed out loud because he looked just like Erik Estrada on CHIPS. Showing my age with that refference.

LA traffic isn't as bad as I thought it might be. The biggest differece I see is that what we consider a safe distance between cars they see as an invetation to go in front of you. LA drivers will even wave in thanks for letting them in. Also, motorcycles are allowed to drive between cars if the cars are stopped, or on the highway nearly stopped. Freaks me out when they go zooming past me.

LAX is a freakin big airport! Glad there is a shuttle to and from the rental car/terminal. I would hate to have to find my own way.

No comments: