Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Monday, May 10

Chinatown




A great day in Chinatown on Sunday. As a drove into the area and saw the Chinese style architecture and writing, I felt something relax. Not the kind of relaxing you feel when you have been anxious and suddenly feel safe. The kind of relaxing you feel when you come home. I felt at ease and like I belonged here. I love the Chinese culture and people. Chinatown has a relly nice 'tourist' area with lots of shops to buy Chinese items. Robby and I did some nice shopping. They also have a lot of shops that cater to the local Chinese population. We did shopping there too. Robby got some good snacks, but no fish jerky. Yea, it is like beef jerky only made with fish. He likes it. It is not bad, just odd to our American minds. It was fun to walk through the medicine shops filled with the herbs of traditional Chinese medicine. It smelled so good. I wish I knew what some of them were used for. I think there is a lot of good stuff in the traditional medicines of the East. We had a wonderful lunch of noodles with beef, chicken, pork, squid, crab and shrimp. All for 9.99. Yum. Robby said he wants to go back to Chinatown before we leave. I wish there was a hotel there. I would love to stay in Chinatown and be able to do lots of exploration within walking distance of the hotel.
Robby continues to improve. He complaines less about his skin grafts hurting and about the itching. It is still painful if anything gets bumps, but he had no problem walking around Chinatown and less trouble getting comfortable and sleeping at night. I am so thakful to God for the quick healing Robby is experiencing.

No comments: