Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Friday, July 6

Traveling notes and Beijing

Since we are in China, all the blogspot commands are in Chinese...I can't figure out how to do most things and Dan is not here....he is getting a massage for his aching feet. I also can't access crickethome, so I have no idea what Dan has already written. That said....

The flight over was, as expected, looooong. Rachael did amazingly well. She cried for several minutes when she was over tired, but other than that, she played and colored. I will say that after about 3 hours of the flight to Tokyo she said "go". I asked her where she wanted to go and she replied "off". I couldn't convince her that we couldn't get off the plane right then. Periodically over the rest of the flight she would look and me and say either "off" or "go". She did much better sleeping last night and didn't wake up until almost 5 this morning, unlike Kayla who was up at 3.

We are enjoying China and experiencing the culture. Kay is longing for a hamburger, but doing great with the culture shock so far. Rachael is just along for the ride. She is making all kinds of friends with her wonderful smile. She did approach one little girl at the park yesterday to look at the bubbles the girl was blowing. The girl, age3 3-4, did not want Rae near her bubbles. No matter how much the Mom tried to get her to share, she wouldn't and just cried. Other than that Rachael and Kayla are diplomatic successes.

Kayla just got back from a back massage. She said it felt wonderful. She is laughing because the person doing the massage sent a text message while doing the massage. Most likely telling their friend they were massaging an American girl.
Off to breakfast now. I will write more when I can read what Dan has posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
This is Destiny from across the street. Im glad you are having such a great time. Robby is really cute. I agree with kayla, I would miss the hamberger.lol! Hope to see you all soon. Come and visit with Robby when ya get back!
sincerily,
Destiny White~

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!
I love reading your blogs about Beijing as it brings back happy memories (and HOT/Humid memories too!).
Best Wishes, Natalie (with Reyes & Grace too!)
XXOO