Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Wednesday, July 11

Communication

Obviously communicating with Robby is not easy...we use a lot of gestures and pointing. We learned some very basic American Sign Language before we left. This morning I asked/signed Robby if he was hungry, he just stood there. I then asked/signed if he was thirsty, he shook his head yes! I gave him water and he drank it.

He then took the bottle cap and hid it in his fist. He put both hands behind his back and switched the cap. He held out his empty fist for me to see if it had the bottle cap. He did this several times then showed me the cap with a big grin.

He also totally dressed himself this morning instead of standing there limp while I dressed him. A big improvement as we see him adjusting to us more each day. Off to a breakfast of pasta.

No comments: