Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Monday, June 25

Excitement building!!

Wow, we fly to get our son in just one week from tomorrow. This journey that has taken us 18 months to complete is now so close to becoming reality, which is humbling, invigorating and scary. Lots to do, so little time.

Unlike our last adoption trip, I'm actually going to use the digital video camera before we leave, so I don't repeat my past performance... walking around the Great Wall for an hour, only THINKING I was filming, when I was just a moron walking around with a camera NOT recording. DOH! So, we had very few actual pictures of the Great Wall, and no video -- not going to repeat that same mistake.

We have pictures to print and photo albums to assemble, last minute shots & prescriptions, shorts, sunglasses and dozens of small things to buy, loan to secure for the final big pu$h, and then pick up $11,000 in cash for me to strap to my body for a week until all the final payments are made. You ever contemplate the issue of walking around a country where you don't know cultural cues, while carrying a year's salary in cash strapped to your leg?

Anyway, I seem to have a billion things that only I can get done... finishing up projects for work, getting the final ISSA Treasury stuff banged out, finishing up my Toastmaster area progress by 6/30 to make President's Distinguished Area (BHAG goal), and I'm also photo/media/computer boy for the trip, so have lots of little things to finish off there as well. But, it's par for the course. This journey is about preparation, endurance and hope, and we've less preparation than we'd like, so lots of little things left.

But, let's keep things in perspective -- just 1 week left until we fly to get our son!!!

No comments: