Note: Best if viewed in Firefox -- many pictures won't display in Internet Explorer

Monday, August 27

Sibling bonding II

Rachael and Robby are getting along a lot better now... in fact Robby has been bitten just once in the last week! They have reached the point where they will play together without fighting for several minutes. They love to play outside with their tri-cycle, bike and scooter. Sometimes Rachael tries to mother Robby which he does not like....
Well I started that post several days ago and had to stop because the two of them got into a major argument...just as I was writing about them getting along better. :) They are continuing to learn to adjust to each other. Some of the issues we have between them are just sibling issues and have nothing to do with adoption etc. The jealousy on Rachael's part is decreasing as is the aggressive behavior. Robby is starting to assert himself a little bit and has even pushed Rachael a couple of times. Funny how I think it is good that my son is pushing my daughter...usually parents want the kids to play nice, I want my son to fight back. ( at least to a point... it is a fine line we are walking).

No comments: